Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the New Mexico Partnership?
- How is the New Mexico Partnership funded?
- What types of companies does the New Mexico Partnership recruit?
- How many companies has the New Mexico Partnership brought to New Mexico?
- How is the success of the New Mexico Partnership measured?
- How is the New Mexico Partnership different from the New Mexico Economic Development Department?
1. What is the New Mexico Partnership?
The New Mexico Partnership is a private non-profit organization created in 2003 at the behest of local leaders and industry across New Mexico to be the official business recruiting arm for the state to attract business and create jobs in New Mexico.
2. How is the New Mexico Partnership funded?
We are a 501(c) 6 non-profit organization. Our funding comes through a Joint Powers Agreement with the New Mexico Economic Development Department. In addition, we occasionally receive private sector sponsorships for specific events.
3. What types of companies does the New Mexico Partnership recruit?
The New Mexico Partnership recruits competitive, quality companies to both rural and urban New Mexico that generate good economic base jobs, increased capital investment, and provide a platform for enhancing and sustaining the state's economic vitality. We are focused on aerospace & aviation, agri-business, business & financial services, clean & renewable energy, digital media, technology, and manufacturing including a strong focus on maquiladoras and telecommunications.
4. How many companies has the New Mexico Partnership brought to New Mexico?
Since our inception in 2003, we have successfully located 42 companies to New Mexico and have created approximately 12,000 jobs statewide.
5. How is the success of the New Mexico Partnership measured?
Very specific performance goals are specified in the Joint Powers Agreement that we enter into with New Mexico’s Economic Development Department. The 2010-2011 performance goals are to:
- Generate at least four hundred (400) leads, which have the potential to relocate to New Mexico
- Identify at least one hundred twenty (120) prospect companies that have projects that could be located in New Mexico
- Arrange and conduct at least thirty one (31) site visits to New Mexico communities by prospect companies with qualified projects
- Demonstrate responsibility for the creation of two thousand two hundred (2,200) new economic base jobs in New Mexico, no less than nine hundred (900) of which are in non-urban areas
6. How is the New Mexico Partnership different from the New Mexico Economic Development Department?
The New Mexico Partnership’s sole mission is to recruit companies and attract jobs from outside of the state while the New Mexico Economic Development Department is responsible for assisting New Mexico’s own businesses and communities in achieving their economic goals.