Job Training Incentive Program
New Mexico’s Job Training Incentive Program (JTIP) is one of the most aggressive in the nation. The program has a forty year history of assisting businesses with customized workforce training and has trained more than 50,000 participants. JTIP funds classroom training and on-the-job training for newly-created jobs in expanding or relocating businesses for up to six months, and reimburses 50-75% of trainee wages. Custom training at a New Mexico public educational institution may also be covered. JTIP also offers incumbent training in certain situations when workers need to enhance their skills.
Three categories of companies are eligible for JTIP:
- Companies that manufacture or produce a product in New Mexico
- Non-retail service companies that export a substantial percentage of services out of state. (50 percent or more of revenues and/or customer base). Customer support centers and product testing laboratories are two examples of businesses that have qualified in this category.
- Certain green industries
The company must be financially sound and creating new jobs as a result of expansion or relocation to the state of New Mexico.
Businesses in certain industries are not eligible. Some examples are agriculture, construction, extractive industries, gambling, health care and retail.
Contact us today for more information about this program.
New Mexico 9000
Every business owner is looking for ways to expand revenue, increase new business opportunities, and optimize efficiency. The New Mexico Economic Development Department created New Mexico 9000 to provide training and assistance to New Mexico businesses in preparing for ISO 9001:2008 certification.
Trained professionals will conduct ISO 9001:2008 classes in:
- Internal auditing
- Writing standard operating procedures
- Writing work instructions
- Understanding the standard
For more information on ISO 9000 certification, visit the New Mexico Economic Development Department website.